CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
Title: Senior Supply Chain Data Scientist
Supply Chain for Health Division, Office of HIV/AIDS, (GH/OHA/SCH)
Location: Washington DC
GS: 14 Equivalency
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position.
The Office of HIV/AIDS (OHA) is the center of HIV/AIDS technical leadership for the Agency and has primary responsibility for the Agency’s HIV/AIDS program. OHA provides strategic direction, technical leadership, and support to field programs in HIV and AIDS. It provides input to decisions concerning the strategic allocation of financial and human resources in the sector and assists in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs. This entails:
- Ensuring the technical integrity of Agency and Mission strategies.
- Providing global technical leadership on the full range of issues related to HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment.
- Managing numerous research and field support programs.
- Monitoring and reporting on the impact of the Agency’s HIV/AIDS program.
The Supply Chain for Health (SCH) Division provides strategic and technical leadership on supply chain issues to ensure adequate quantity and quality of essential commodities for people affected by HIV/AIDS and related infections. SCH is responsible for managing the largest public health supply chain in the world. Specifically, the Division is responsible for:
- Operating a sustainable central procurement operation and managing the supply chain for HIV/AIDS commodities. This includes procuring and distributing pharmaceuticals and other commodities needed to provide care and treatment of persons with HIV/AIDS and related infections.
- Providing technical support and leadership to USAID Missions in strengthening partner country capacity to ensure a safe, secure, reliable, and sustainable supply chain system.
- Providing technical assistance to support country and regional supply chain programs.
- Coordinating with other US Government agencies, international organizations, and donors to provide global leadership on supply chain issues.
- Providing rapid response in emergency situations and potential stock-outs
- Tracking and reporting the HIV/AIDS Working Capital Fund.
- Administering the Agency Antiretroviral and Rapid Test Kit approval lists.
- Administering the “restricted commodities” approval of pharmaceuticals and “clearance” authority on source-origin waivers under Agency regulations.
The Senior Supply Chain Data Scientist is a critical member of the SCH team and will play an important role in ensuring that the US Government’s investments in the fight against HIV/AIDS are being used effectively and efficiently. SCH leadership will be looking to the incumbent to quickly add value in the following roles and responsibilities:
Technical Lead and Analytical Services:
- Apply data science techniques to priority international development challenges.
- Assist USAID subject matter experts with data science focused analytical thinking for improved planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of programs.
- Design, develop and deliver data analysis and visualization products to support USAID/OHA operations at all stages of the development programming cycle.
- Acquire, process, manage, and analyze data from a range of sources for improved decision making.
- Collaborate with data analysts and program experts across USAID to develop, streamline, and improve existing and emerging PEPFAR and USAID SI systems, processes, and coordination.
Strategic Planning, Support, and Capacity Building:
- Consult with non-technical audiences and develop and implement guidance on integrating data and data analysis in routine decision-making processes.
- Prepare concept papers, background analyses, and briefings to build support for the use of data analytics and data science techniques throughout the SCH program and USAID.
- Facilitate discussion among key GH, USAID, and other PEPFAR stakeholders to articulate a vision and plan for integrating data science into planning, delivering, and assessing development programs.
- Develop and implement trainings to improve the skill sets of headquarters and field staff in the areas of Supply Chain data analysis and visualization through statistical software packages (e.g. R, Stata, Excel) and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, ArcGIS/QGIS, R, Excel, and Inkscape/Adobe Illustrator).
- Master’s degree and 9 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong quantitative background and experience in data collection, cleaning, processing and applied analysis and visualization using statistical software or programming languages (Python, Stata, SAS, R, SPSS, MATLAB, Tableau, PowerBI).
- Ability to produce compelling data visualization products using Adobe applications, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Ability to distill highly technical quantitative methods into policy relevant presentations.
- Ability to work independently with light supervision.
- Ability to recognize areas of weakness and willingness to learn.
- Ability to identify issues or potential risks and make informed decisions on how to manage and/or mitigate risk.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to work within diverse teams.
- Strong interpersonal communication and excellent oral presentation and writing skills.
- Willingness to travel frequently to developing countries.
- US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency required
Applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must obtain and maintain a favorable adjudication as applicable to their position/duties.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.