Banyan Global is recruiting Technical Specialists– Finance and Business Strengthening for the upcoming, five-year USAID-funded global Frontier Health Markets (FHM) Program. FHM is a proposed suite of activities with the objective of increasing private health sector contributions to advancing voluntary family planning and other health outcomes, including maternal, newborn, and child health; malaria; TB; and HIV/AIDS. Key strategies will include improving access to capital for local, market-oriented solutions for voluntary family planning and other healthcare in order to strengthen the capacity of the private sector and functioning of health markets; as well as building the capacity of local market actors and innovators in the health sector with business skills development. It will support private health care businesses to scale tested models, launch new service delivery lines and products, expand to new markets, and innovate.
The position is full-time and based in Washington, DC.
· Provide technical leadership for the design and implementation of a strategy for improving access to capital and/or business support to strengthen the capacity and functioning of private health markets for voluntary family planning and other healthcare.
· Lead design and implementation of innovative financing techniques to increase access to and/or provide initial capital for local micro, small and medium-sized health enterprises.
· Support management of capital fund for private sector health innovations.
· Catalyze and support the scale and growth of local innovations and approaches, including digital solutions through approaches such as the provision of small grant seed funding to promising new ventures.
· Lead development and implementation of strategy for building capacity of local market actors and innovators in the health sector with business skills development to scale tested models, launch new service delivery lines and products, expand to new markets, and innovate as well as to access private financing.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with private sector partners on behalf of FHM Program.
- Postgraduate degree in finance, business, or other related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in development finance, including experience designing and implementing innovative/digital financing mechanisms.
- Experience with capacity-building programs for small businesses (training, coaching, etc.).
- Experience with the health sector is strongly preferred, especially relevant experience in designing interventions to strengthen private sector health markets and increasing access to finance for private health providers.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, analytical, and supervisory skills, and ability to work well on a team.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English; proficiency in another language, especially French or Spanish, is preferred but not required.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.