Chemonics seeks a Senior Vice President for the Global Health and Supply Chain (GHSC) Business Line (BL). The Global Health and Supply Chain (GHSC) Business Line (BL) aligns Chemonics’ global health and supply chain expertise from the Global Health Division, Supply Chain Management Division (which includes the GHSC-PSM project), and our innovative Procurement Logistics and Technology Center (PLTC). The GHSC BL provides both technical expertise and operational support to its projects and staff that work steadfastly to strengthen health systems and supply chains around the world. The GHSC BL consistently incorporates strategic activities to foster meaningful breakthroughs in project design and implementation, procurement and systems strengthening, and end-to-end supply chain operation. The Operations, Finance, and Compliance (OFC) division supports the GHSC BL by implementing Chemonics policies, standards, and practices while providing functions critical to service delivery such as operations, finance, and compliance.
The Senior Vice President for OFC oversees the OFC division. S/he is responsible for providing vision, leadership, staffing, and management for the division, developing and managing annual business strategy and budget for quality results and growth, and creating a diverse workforce and ensuring an inclusive and equitable work environment at the divisional level that motivates staff and promotes teamwork while contributing to the successful operation, management, and industry reputation of the company as a whole. S/he is responsible for all matters related to accounting, budgeting, corporate financial reporting, environmental and contracts compliance, human resources, ethics, quality management, and general operations and procedures for the BL, as well as facilities and technology for the enterprise. The Senior Vice President serves as a corporate officer and provides leadership to the Chemonics’ global workforce by demonstrating Chemonics’ core values—caring, excellence, innovation, integrity and opportunity—and by utilizing effective management and leadership principles. The SVP supervises director(s) directly, and through delegation, manager(s), and associate(s), is a member of the Executive Management Team, and reports to the GHSC BL Executive Vice President (EVP). We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Responsible for the operational and financial management of the OFC division and the GHSC BL. For the OFC division, this includes developing the annual division business strategy and budget, allocating resources and managing budget to achieve programmatic and financial goals, and developing effective approaches to align resources while holding staff accountable for achieving targets and achieving corporate results. For the BL, this includes coordinating the annual corporate budget, developing targets, managing sales and expenditures, and leading analysis of performance against targets.
- Oversees critical GHSC BL value stream functions across finance, compliance, recruitment, ethics, human resources, and quality management. Oversees corporate-wide facilities and technology team. Leads and manages accounts payable and subcontracts for GHSC-PSM. Ensures that value streams utilize best practices, meet client needs, and implement continual improvement methodologies.
- Motivates staff performance and professional development, develops skilled managers and mentors, and exercises sound judgment in the hiring, promotion, transfer and termination of staff.
- Provides EVP and other members of GHSC BL Leadership advice on capital and financial resources, human resource elements, compliance issues, planning, and tools sufficient to operate. Advises on financial, compliance, and operational implications of business activities and decisions.
- Negotiates and approves contracts, subcontracts, and other types of agreements related to the GHSC BL and Chemonics to achieve the best outcomes.
- Oversees the quality of GHSC BL contract performance by providing contract, subcontract, project management, allowance, cost, pricing and billing guidance and training, developing compliance monitoring systems, and maintaining contract reference materials.
- Leads OFC in developing, refining, and adapting quality standards to meet evolving business needs and requirements. Holds staff accountable for performing to these high standards, and promotes consistently high standards across the GHSC BL.
Supports and provides input to the corporate strategic plan.
- Provides vision and leadership in support of Chemonics’ mission, goals, and objectives, with particular focus on GHSC BL project management, knowledge sharing, continual improvement, and capacity development.
- Provides advice and counsel in problem-solving situations; engages in effective problem-solving on behalf of the GHSC BL, clients, and partners.
- Applies sound business management practices aligned with corporate policies and procedures and proactively responds to complex performance and client satisfaction issues.
- Builds long-term, strategic partnerships with external clients, vendors, partners, and consultants, and works to influence policy and programming priorities that advance Chemonics’ growth and contribution to international development.
- Provides leadership and support to diversity and inclusion (D&I) efforts within the division as well as company-wide. This includes sponsoring D&I activities and/or sub-groups and partnering with Human Resources teams to incorporate D&I into policies and procedures.
- Advises and liaises with Chemonics’ enterprise-level support division SVPs and CFO on issues facing support functions in the GHSC BL.
- Travels to provide strategic guidance and develop direct connections to countries, projects, clients, and other key players in areas of leadership and knowledge related to the value stream functions.
- Establishes a workplace environment that values teamwork and fosters collaboration, promotes diversity and inclusiveness, acknowledges and rewards staff contributions, and employs strategies to enhance synergies between field and home office staff as well as between in-house regions, practices, and departments. Demonstrates Chemonics’ values and practices by utilizing effective management and leadership principles.
- Assumes leadership roles in proposal development such as team leader or technical writer, provides quality control for the technical and cost proposal, teaming arrangements, etc., and performs proposal reviews and read-throughs to ensure RFP responsiveness and winning strategies.
- Actively advances Chemonics’ leadership position in international development. Models and advocates strong leadership principles in the home-office and overseas, promotes continued learning and knowledge sharing, and proactively engages in effective problem-solving on behalf of teams, clients, and beneficiaries.
- Serves as acting EVP, as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of project operations and staff management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of company’s main clients and their operations.
- Demonstrated understanding and fluency in Chemonics’ systems and procedures; prior Chemonics experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to solve all facets of extensive complex, multi-faceted managerial and operational issues which require extensive knowledge, varied experiences, access to multiple talent/resources and independent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, vision, and management, and contribute to the successful operation, management and industry reputation of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise staff assigned to a profit center, and provide oversight of multiple project teams and new business efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and analytics for strategic planning and implementation, data-driven decision-making, and achieving short- and long-term objectives, targets, and destination goals.
- Ability to conceptualize, outline, perform, and direct research and writing of technical documents (reports, proposals, professional articles) of at least twenty-five pages, following Chemonics’ style and best practices.
- Recognized by others as an expert in international development and a leader within the firm.
- Willingness to travel and work in developing countries for at least 8 to 12 weeks a year.
- Prior service in a long-term position (e.g. COP, team leader) with Chemonics. In lieu of this, extended short-term assignments with senior management level responsibilities are acceptable.
- Fluency in foreign language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Portuguese, etc.) preferred
Apply through our Career Center at https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CHEMONICS&cws=50&rid=4155 by May 13, ,2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.