Job DescriptionPosition Description
EnCompass LLC seeks a subject matter expert in SharePoint Online to join our growing company as a SharePoint Online Solutions Architect. The SharePoint Online Solutions Architect will maintain, support, and build upon our internal SharePoint Online environment. He/She will ensure the environment can adapt to the needs of our company’s growth, including our increasingly more complex projects and teams that are both domestic and overseas. We are seeking someone with a customer-service mindset and strong communication skills to collaborate with our staff to meet business goals and end-user requirements.
The position is based at EnCompass LLC headquarters in Rockville.
NOTE: This position is expected to be remote until at least the 1 April 2021, due to COVID-19.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies extensive knowledge of SharePoint and team collaboration concepts to make recommendations to help prioritize use and efficiency
- Acts as an internal advisor to user groups and business administration to ensure users are supported and business goals are met
- Ensure that SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft OneDrive, and the Microsoft 365 meet business requirements and goals and fulfills end-user requirements
- Proactively troubleshoot, identify and resolve systems issues
- Design and create standardized SharePoint site templates for use within the business
- Manage User Security and data access for the SharePoint Online environment
- Manage backup and recovery of data stored in the SharePoint Online environment
- Develop and deliver training and documentation for end-users, either in groups or one-on-one, collaborating with company learning experts, as needed
- Maintain current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documentation
- Maintain and develop relevant IT policy and Microsoft 365 governance documentation
- Provide collaboration solutions and suggest processes that meet project and internal company and requirements
- Review, grant, and revoke user access rights to enterprise software and other related applications
- Respond to Help Desk service tickets related to SharePoint and Microsoft 365
- Share knowledge, mentor, and assist team members and peers who are less experienced or knowledgeable in a specific technology
- Install, configure, and maintain technology and software following established procedures
- Maintain awareness of industry developments and best practices in SharePoint, Microsoft 365, and related platforms
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Other duties, as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and eight years of related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
Experience and Skills
- At least 2 years implementing and supporting SharePoint Online solutions
- In-Depth knowledge of SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft OneDrive software
- Familiar with Active Directory Groups, Microsoft 365, and/or SharePoint Groups
- Expertise configuring form libraries, lists, workflows, team sites, content management sites, user permissions, enterprise search, security, and reporting services
- Familiar with data retention, data classification, and general information governance concepts
- Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to work in front of the users, utilize remote tools, and communicate through email
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a customer environment
- Able to prioritize and drive results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to proactively document processes, policies, governance, and standardized operating procedures
- Experience working with and maintaining databases
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a changing and dynamic work environment
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with a diverse group of staff
- Demonstrated experience working on multiple priorities consecutively and sequentially and meeting quality standards for accuracy, attention to detail, and timeliness
- Ability to think strategically and translate between the business requirements and the technical specifications
- Ability to teach and mentor with patience and clear communication skills
- Ability to guide and support business administration with recommendations, explanations, and clear status updates
- Ability to work in an appreciative environment with colleagues and clients
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter at https://encompassworld.com/careers-and-consulting/.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.