Chemonics seeks a short-term food industrial specialist to support The Business Competitiveness and Job Creation Initiative (BCJCI) in their engagement with several food processing companies across Iraq such as dairy, poultry, sesame paste (tahini, or rashi), molasses, pickles, confectionary, among other producers. The specialist will help BCJCI in creating growth plans with the client firms that are based on increasing sales, expanding markets, and creating jobs. The specialist must be located in Erbil and will be conducting site visits to client firms across Iraq including the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Baghdad, Anbar, Basra and Ninewa. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This is a consultancy position with an expected level of effort up to 30 days, full-time (40 hours/week). The consultant’s deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- A summary report of no more than five pages on each of the client firm they have engaged with or visited. This summary report should highlight the growth opportunities, recommendations, and analysis for process optimization.
- A technical report of no more than 10 pages on the subsectors selected with the BCJCI leadership.
- A workshop to the BCJCI team and other participants from DCEO on Food industries in Iraq.
- Collaborate with the client firm to identify the most promising growth opportunities, and describe the technical assistance required
- Conduct baseline analysis and expected impact on employment and revenues
- Provide technical advice to the procurement activities of the client firm
- Work with client firms to facilitate access to better markets
- Introduce Quality Management Systems to client firms
- Conduct Supply chain analysis and optimization
- Develop Food/product marketing strategies
- Highlight policy and regulatory reforms needed for the sector
- Provide specialized workshops for the BCJCI team and/or client firms
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of agriculture or industrial engineering
- Master’s degree in Food Processing and Technology is preferable
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in food processing industry with expertise as advisor to companies and projects, and experience with multiple product lines
- Prior experience managing operations and/or strategy in a food processing company.
- Experience in the Middle East is preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, strong professional judgement
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, the general public, and partner institutions
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and oral English is required. Written and oral fluency in Arabic or Kurdish is preferred.
All applicants must submit their applications via this link https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/3f7dbd80651e4123829e0f67edad4b33 by May 1, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.