Job DescriptionBackground Information - Job-specific
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. UNOPS supports partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of peace building, humanitarian and development projects. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations.
The UN Web Buy team (UNWB) is part of UNOPS Shared Services Centre (SSC), which provides policy advice, operational support, and transactional services to UNOPS offices, and is responsible for the administrative support to HQ and Copenhagen-based personnel.
UN Web Buy (unwebbuyplus.org) is UNOPS e-commerce solution for the humanitarian and development sector. Through UN Web Buy, partners can access UNOPS procurement services for selected commodities based on Long Term Agreements. The platform went through a complete redesign in 2017 and is constantly being updated with new functionality.
The UN Web Buy team is responsible for the UN Web Buy service and for the development and maintenance of the system. The UN Web Buy operations team is based in Copenhagen, from where it provides global procurement services through the UN Web Buy platform.
This position is one of three in the system development team, which is being relocated to Bangkok.
Under the supervision of the UNWB Team Lead and technical direction of the UNWB Application Architect, the Software Tester will test the UN Web Buy Plus e-commerce system (an AngularJS and C# code solution) ensuring that software is tested according to Quality Assurance mechanisms and identified standards. Testing will be done throughout the Software Development Life Cycle from testing requirements during the development phase (to provide quick feedback) and testing before functionality is moved to production. The Software Tester will assist in communication between the product owner, business stakeholders and development team.
The Software Tester will:
- Work with Product Owners and Developers to clarify and understand functional and software requirements
- Analyze functional requirements, wire frames, designs, and other project documentation as appropriate, to determine software application testing requirements
- Determine appropriate test types and create detailed test cases
- Execute test cases, analyze test results, problems, or failures and document results
- Ensure that the solution meets stated requirements
- Provide regular status reports and QA metrics
- Work with business users to plan, coordinate and execute UAT testing
- Provide continuous feedback (both written and verbal) to development team members, business analysts, product owners and end users in a clear and concise manner
- Proactively identify risks and possible improvements
- Help verify data quality and do simple root cause analysis
- Test software using different techniques and employing appropriate approaches
- Stay updated with guidelines, policy, documentation to better understand how to test
- Liaise with development team members to identify and reproduce bugs and errors identified by end users
- Functional testing
- Regression testing
- Integration testing
- Automation testing
- User acceptance testing
- Organizing testing of end users
- Creating test plans and test strategy
- Writing and maintaining test scripts
- Maintaining statistics of defects/bugs
- Identifying possible improvements in the solution
- Stress testing of systems
- Secondary Education/High School Diploma is required
- University Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Analysis, Software Engineering, Information Technology or other relevant discipline is an advantage and can substitute for some of the required years of experience
- At least 6 years of web testing experience with a Secondary Education/High School Diploma (2 years with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- Ability to create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases
- Ability to understand and create test plans
- A current QA certification from an accredited organization (QAI, IIST, ASTQB, ISTQB) is an advantage
- Experience with test automation and in developing test automation for projects of simple to high complexity
- Experience using bug tracking tools
- Experience writing automated test scripts for the web and good understanding of these technologies:
- Selenium WebDriver and/or Selenium IDE
- HTTP protocol
- Experience with data querying using SQL
- Full working knowledge of English is required
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Contract type, level and duration
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Contract type: ICA
Contract level: Local ICA Support, LICA-6
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
About the Organization
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.