The Senior Contracts Specialist manages a portfolio of contracts from multiple donors and provides in-house expertise, guidance and advice to project managers regarding funder regulations and requirements. The Senior Specialist reports to the Contracts Manager. The Specialist engages within and across teams globally as needed, engages with external stakeholders and may manage external vendors or providers.
This position is fully remote; location is flexible.
- In coordination with the contracts team prepare and review contracts and agreements, including statement of work, flow down terms, and other regulatory compliance
- Closely and accurately track active contracts, modifications, monitor deliveries, and maintain database that support compliance and reporting initiatives
- Manage a portfolio of contracts from multiple donors including the United States Government, Foreign Governments and Private Foundations
- Review and negotiate terms and conditions with donors, clients, vendors and other suppliers. Create complex modifications to subcontracts
- Advise and train employees on contract and compliance topics, policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with contract/subcontract requirements
- Advise on and/or help prepare cost and pricing proposals in coordination with technical staff and design lab
- Administer, manage and monitor subcontracts/subawards including issuing RFPs/RFAs, reviewing proposals, negotiating budget, determining appropriate contracting mechanism, draft/amend subcontracts, obtain necessary approvals, monitor compliance and complete closeout
- Lead contract budget realignments with donors
- Prepare RFQs, review quotes and assist in selecting vendor, prepare justifications
- Provide general contract implementation support to all offices
- Negotiate and manage consulting agreements
- Provide additional support as required in area of expertise
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:
Influence the conversation
Evolve by learning
ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BA/BS and 7+ years experience or graduate degree and 5+ years experience;
- Substantial work experience in international development procurement and contracts/subcontracts management;
- Experience with USG rules, regulations and FAR/OMB. USAID, CDC, EU, private foundation and corporation contracts experience;
- Experience preparing complex budgets in Excel for multi-year cost proposal submissions;
- Adept at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences;
- A team player, motivated to provide subject matter expertise with a collaborative, customer service orientation;
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks quickly, thoroughly and conscientiously with attention to detail and a responsive, ‘can-do’ attitude;
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with external vendors and stakeholders;
- Full English fluency, second language a plus;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas.
About the Organization
Do you believe that everyone deserves access to affordable, quality healthcare? Are you driven by creativity, bold ideas, and disruptive innovation? Are you inspired by exceptionally talented, diverse, impact-oriented colleagues? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment? Most importantly, are you fed-up, even disgusted, with the status quo of foreign assistance in the health sector? Then consider a job with ThinkWell.
ThinkWell is a growing, flexible health systems organization, with both global influence and local grounding. Our focus is on driving transformation in the global health space by always questioning and disrupting conventional wisdom about what works or what can or cannot be done.