The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members, including 21 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
AIIB’s Strategy, Policy and Budget Department (SPB) supports the Vice President, Policy and Strategy in ensuring operational compliance of AIIB’s investment operations. The Strategy and Policy Analyst/Associate will work closely with other SPB staff to support the strategic planning and investment programming processes, conduct relevant research and modelling work, and develop and maintain relevant data systems.
The key responsibilities for the Strategy and Policy Analyst/Associate include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and comparative analysis of information about other similar organizations and companies in the financial industry, including compiling, cleaning, reconciling, organizing, updating and managing related data.
- Assist in building, maintaining and running projections models, including sensitivity and scenario analyses, for long-term strategic planning and investment programming.
- Assist in analyzing financial and nonfinancial data, identifying trends, patterns and potential trade-offs, and preparing technical and management documents and reports to support data-driven decision-making, including by designing reader-friendly visual presentation tools.
- Identify, monitor and analyze key trends and issues affecting the infrastructure sector and their potential implications on AIIB’s strategic agenda.
- Support the development of AIIB’s strategic agenda (e.g., strategies, business plans), implementation approaches and results monitoring frameworks.
- Support the Bank’s screening process, and support the management of the Bank’s investment program and modelling work.
- Support the delivery of management reports, documents, and presentations to help Management effectively communicate Bank strategic thinking both internally and externally.
- Support the development, upgrading and maintenance of the project proposal management IT system and maintain AIIB’s investment program database.
- Support the identification and management of and collaboration with internal and external partners, including by planning and organizing conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Perform other assignments and projects as required.
- Minimum of 2-5 years (2-3 years for Analyst and 3-5 years for Associate) of relevant experience and demonstrated technical competence with a global financial institution, professional service firm or multinational company. Experience in infrastructure financing will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in R language or Python or Power BI, as well as Microsoft Office programs Word, Excel, Powerpoint and others. Expert level skills in Excel and Python is a plus.
- Experience in planning, data analysis and reporting. Strong analytical and data organization and interpretation skills.
- Ability to develop big picture perspectives while remaining detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to think strategically and provide problem-solving advice on business issues based on data analysis and insights.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with the work and operations of multilateral development banks would be an advantage.
- Experience in defining business requirements for IT systems implementation would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; service-oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Data Analytics/Science, Management, Economics, Business, Finance, or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 103 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.