The subject position is located in the Centralized Processing Unit, Human Capital Services Center, Office of Human Capital and Talent Management (HCTM/HCSC/CPU). HCSC provides leadership and direction on effective utilization of civil service rules, regulations, and laws to ensure merit promotion principles, practices, and procedures are applied appropriately. The HCSC manages personnel management programs and services related to position classification and position management, civil service staffing and placement, delegated examining, employee benefit and retirement services, as well as customer service support, personnel action processing, and employee personnel records administration. The HCSC consists of five teams: the Tier One Services Team, Classification Team, Civil Service Staffing Team, the Employee Services and Benefits Team, and the Human Capital Services Team. This posiiton reports to the Center Director.
As a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist, you will:
- Supervise a group of employees performing work at the GS-13 grade level and below;povide administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit
- Supervise the Tier One Service functions: Contact Center and Centralized Processing Unit (CPU) develops plans, techniques, and policies to address current or anticipated problems and issues; work with management to jointly solve problems.
- As a recognized senior advisor, develop agency-wide Human Resources policies in several related Human Resources specialty areas; serve on inter-agency, inter-service, department, and USAID special study work groups, task forces, and expert boards on special projects or studies of considerable scope and depth critical to the resolution of operating issues and problems
- Oversee central personnel action processing for both Civil Service and Foreign Service employees;develop and implement quality review systems to ensure quality data processing of personnel actions and feedback with servicing HR Specialists within the HCSC and the Foreign Service Center (FSC).
Oversee the Data Analyst and Reports position that runs daily reports (SINQ, Mismatch Data, and other data reports) ensuring the team is able to extract required complex data in order to enhance the team’s ability to better serve our members.
- Oversee the reports and data analysis to assist management as they determine call center goals; prepare daily and weekly staffing production and error reports for submission to Contractor or government management; ssist with or deliver training alerts/critical updates to keep team current on changes that may occur in information or procedures.