*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate within the Southern Africa Region where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Supply Chain Management Advisor, you will work under the leadership of the Regional Supply Chain Director (RSCMD)and collaboratively with SCM teams, specialists and Shared Services to ensure best practices for supply chain, relief, development, and advocacy. You are responsible for contributing to and facilitating supply chain management assessment and implementation programs for each of the National Offices within the Region. This involves ,comprehensive data analysis, in-depth reports preparations, development of supply chain planning, procurement (sourcing and buying), vendor management, cost containment, transport, warehousing, inventory management, materials handling and packaging, reverse logistics, metrics and KPIs, risk management information & systems, and vehicle fleet management
- University degree in business, science, engineering, technology or supply chain management or equivalent experience and professional qualification in supply chain management.
- Minimum eight (8) years professional work experience with progressively more responsibility relevant to supply chain issues.
- Minimum two (2) years working in cross-cultural environments and demonstrated ability to adapt to international project work.
- Vocational or professional society membership (Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport or Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals) and certification desired.
- Fluency in written and verbal communication in English is a MUST.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 70% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 11 OCT 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.