Chemonics seeks a task order director for the Business Competitiveness and Job Creation Initiative (BCJCI) Task Order under the Iraq Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities (DCEO). BCJCI is a five-year strategy within DCEO to support private sector firms as they identify and overcome specific business constraints hindering growth. The project will also support local business associations and networks in their work to identify shared impediments to growth and trade and advocate. BCJCI will also provide new opportunities for young Iraqi entrepreneurs to access cutting edge business incubation services and/or receive support that will accelerate the growth of their micro/small businesses. The position will be based initially in Erbil, Iraq and later Baghdad, Iraq, subject to change based on evolving security and other considerations. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Responsible for all aspects of the planning and implementation of BCJCI activities, including the delivery of firm-level assistance, business profiling, and technical assistance to business associations
- Coordinates with the grants manager, knowledge and outreach manager, operations director, and lead technical advisors in providing input to activity design, activity implementation, and activity monitoring and reporting to assure all activities are conflict sensitive, inclusive, and contribute to the respective project objectives
- In coordination with the chief of party and others on the Senior Management Team, works directly with subcontractors, partners, counterparts, government and private sector stakeholders, and beneficiaries, managing and building those relationships
- Manages performance of all task order staff, assuring delivery of quality outputs in a timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with knowledge and outreach manager to assure smooth integration of technical finding, knowledge, and assessments into overall project knowledge management and reporting
- At least 10 years of experience in international settings conducting development work with increasing responsibility, at least six years of which is in private sector economic development, firm-level assistance, incubation, or related areas
- Experience managing programs in Iraq or similar development contexts
- Experience managing a large number of small grant activities
- Demonstrated ability to work with conflict-affected populations and other vulnerable groups
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining relationships and networks with the private sector, business associations, and other actors in economic development
- An undergraduate degree in economics, business administration, or a related discipline required; Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Fluency in English required; Arabic and/or Kurdish proficiency highly desirable
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Task Order Director” in the subject line to IraqDCEOTODirector@Chemonics.com. Please send recommendations to DCEOPMU@chemonics.com. We kindly request applications no later than January 28, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly reach out to DCEOPMU@chemonics.com with any questions.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.