Team Leader, Ethiopia Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Services Activity USAID/Ethiopia, Remote
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID/Ethiopia has begun its new Country Development and Cooperation Strategy (CDCS, 2019-2024) period and approved its CDCS CLA Plan in June 2020. USAID/Ethiopia is also in the process of finalizing the designs and Project LME Plans for eleven Projects to operationalize the CDCS. This review will have the following objectives:
· Streamline indicators reported to USAID to: ensure compliance with ADS 201 indicator requirements, reduce reporting burden, and align with CDCS- and Project-level indicators and Mission external reporting
· For select Activities, in addition to indicator streamlining conduct a full Activity LME Plan review to: ensure compliance with ADS 201 requirements, identify opportunities to increase a focus on LME for learning and CLA, and align with CDCS- and Project-level learning priorities
· Generate evidence on strengths and weaknesses of Activity LME Plans to inform future capacity building efforts for USAID/Ethiopia implementing mechanisms
· Test and refine tools for AORs/CORs to use in Activity LME Plan quality assurance, and help familiarize AORs/CORs with using those tools
SI is seeking a Team Leader to lead the Activity Learning, Monitoring, and Evaluation Plan Reviews for USAID/Ethiopia. The Team Leader will provide oversight of task implementation, and deliverables while managing and mentoring the project team. The approximate period of performance is June 2020 to February 2021, with the majority of work to occur in July-September 2020. This position is remote.
· Lead review team, task implementation, and preparation of all deliverables
· Provide guidance on and oversee development of review tools
· Train team on tools to promote quality and consistent application, and provide ongoing quality assurance
· Lead and participate in regular client and team check-ins as needed
· Lead responses to SI and USAID comments on deliverables
· Actively manage and mentor other team members based in the United States and Ethiopia on all tasks
· Senior-level MEL Advisor with advanced degree
· 10+ years of experience in MEL with USAID or USAID implementers with demonstrated experience in design MEL systems to facilitate learning and adaptive management
· Experience in managing teams and developing utilization-focused MEL tools.
· Excellent communication and client interface skills and experience.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
To apply, kindly submit your CV and cover letter at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3155