Team Leader, USAID/Haiti’s Mid-Term Evaluation Capacity Development Mechanism (KONBIT)
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
In May 2017, USAID awarded SI the Haiti Evaluation Survey Services (ESS) contract to conduct baseline, mid-term, and final evaluations for a wide range of projects currently being implemented throughout the country, with more emphasis around USAID’s development corridors of Port-au-Prince, Saint Marc, and Cap-Haitian.
The purpose of this mid-term performance evaluation is to inform USAID/Haiti about possible mid-course corrections and future program orientation of the Capacity Development Mechanism (KONBIT) program, whose objective is to improve USAID/Haiti’s local partners capacity to manage funding. Lessons learned, and recommendations provided through the evaluation report will also guide future programming in areas such as organizational governance, leadership, financial management, project management, human resources, monitoring and evaluation, and other aspects of organizational development.
Through its USAID Forward initiative and Local Solutions Framework, the USAID prioritizes the strengthening of local actors—and the systems in which they operate—as a critical tool in implementing more efficient and effective funding with more sustainable and impactful development results. Drawing on the USAID Local Solutions framework, USAID/Haiti is funding the establishment of a “Capacity Development Hub” to: 1) set up and coordinate the provision of local capacity development services; 2) create a Development Innovation Network (DIN); and 3) develop and implement monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities that accurately gauge project progress and promote improved program results.
Haiti ESS is seeking a Team Leader to lead all technical and management aspects of the KONBIT evaluation. The Team Leader will be expected to work closely with the SI headquarters project management team to ensure quality and timely deliverables.
The evaluation level of effort is approximately 12 – 14 weeks, inclusive of four to six consecutive weeks of data collection and analysis in Haiti.
- Lead the evaluation design, development of research tools, data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Lead portions an evaluation methods training, piloting, and planning session for the evaluation team prior to fieldwork
- Lead a team in conducting field research, including conducting qualitative interviews with key stakeholders and focus group discussions
- Support evaluation team with logistical planning and guidance as needed to schedule key interviews and manage completion
- Conduct data analysis and provide direction and technical oversight to other team members working on analysis. Data will be in the form of qualitative notes and project documents.
- Take ultimate responsibility for writing all reports associated with the project including, but not limited to the evaluation design (including tools) as well as the draft and final reports in conformity with SI and USAID regulations, and the scope of work.
- Revise all reports and deliverables according to feedback provided by SI and the client.
- Participate in client and stakeholder meetings, communications, and presentations, and interface with program implementers.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience designing and conducting program evaluation or research in institutional capacity strengthening
- At least 5 years of evaluation or implementation experience specifically in the area of institutional capacity strengthening in Haiti, or a similar context
- Must have demonstrated experience implementing or evaluating organizational capacity strengthening programmings.
- Knowledge of the Haiti social, economic, and political dynamics is a plus.
- Prior experience working in Haiti is preferred
- Experience designing, implementing and/or conducting Organizational Capacity Assessments (OCAs) is a plus
- Demonstrated experience conducting qualitative data collection
- Master’s degree or PhD required, with strong preference for degree relevant to public administration, public policy, organizational development, psychology, or another related field
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills a must and familiarity with USAID programs, objectives and reporting requirements preferred.
- French and English fluency required
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite programs required
- Candidates are not eligible if they were involved in implementation of the program being evaluated (KONBIT)
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.