The primary aim of the TTO is to support and track the implementation of a series of tax reform initiatives by enhancing existing escalation channels and reporting mechanisms across ERCA’s hierarchy and systems. Tax reform initiatives are structured around the Director General’s (DG) and Minister of Finance’s six priority areas for reform: Audit, Debt, Large Taxpayers Office, Organizational Health, Data and IT and Tax System. Each Priority Area consists of two to five initiatives, led by an Initiative Owner. From this, the TTO is expected to deliver a lasting transformation of ERCA and meet ambitious national tax revenue targets. The TTO reports directly to the Director General of ERCA, with less hierarchy and more lean support than traditional divisions.
To support the efficient working of the Tax Transformation Office, the Prime Minister’s Office has created a Prime Minister’s Delivery Unit focused on Tax (PMDU Tax). The key focus of this unit will be to provide data monitoring and reports of the tax transformation progress and escalate emerging issues to the Prime Minister’s Office. The unit will be seconded to sit within the Tax Transformation Office, working closely with TTO staff on the transformation effort. The Team Manager within the Delivery Unit for Tax will report directly to the Prime Minister’s Macroeconomic Coordinator, overseeing the monitoring, reporting and performance dialogue required to drive the transformation effort. The role is expected to support the Prime Minister’s Office in bringing an independent, objective perspective on the progress of the Tax Transformation and support the TTO’s work in enabling the transformation.
Responsibilities and duties of the Team Manager role will include:
* Overseeing the development of independent, data-driven dashboards and reports on the progress of the transformation
* Coaching and managing 2-3 Data Analyst and Reporting Analyst within the PMDU Tax team
* Problem-solving, resolving and escalating vital issues as appropriate to the Macroeconomic Coordinator and the Prime Minister via the appropriate channels
* Synthesizing and quality checking data and information within reports
* Monitoring the transformation effort and dashboards on a weekly basis
* Supporting the appropriate, accurate and efficient escalation of transformation issues
* Offering an independent and objective view of the Tax Transformation
* Excellent written and verbal communication, in Amharic and English
Interested candidates would ideally have:
* Excellent understanding of the Ethiopian Tax System, tax administration and data
* Experience working within public sector/government (min. 5 years)
* Experience managing high-performing teams
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills; in addition to stakeholder and people management skills
* Ability to interrogate large datasets for appropriate information and data extracts; SQL knowledge highly preferred
* Candidates should be willing to commit to 12 months at a minimum, and preference will be given to candidates who can commit for 24 months.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.