Chemonics is seeking expressions of interest from qualified water, wastewater, sanitation and conservation technical specialist candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Conservation (WSC) Project in Lebanon. The goal of this project is to enhance conservation and protection of Lebanon’s water resources through improvements to public water and wastewater infrastructure, improved efficiency of water and wastewater management, and conservation of water resources. These are anticipated to be full-time or short-term technical assistance positions based in Lebanon. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage water and wastewater utility, including performance monitoring and management; cost recovery, tariffs, water metering, financial sustainability; non-revenue water loss reduction; treatment and network optimization; asset and maintenance management
- Manage constructed wetlands, treated wastewater reuse, fecal sludge, water and wastewater treatment technologies and processes
- Operate and maintain water and wastewater systems
- Promote water and wastewater utility, accountability, and incentive systems
- Support institutional strengthening for decentralized public services provision for regional water establishments and pertinent municipalities
- Provide water and wastewater sector capacity building, training, public outreach and engagement
- Plan, design, and construct management for new and rehabilitated water treatment and distribution, and wastewater collection and treatment
- Coordinate water conservation technology and strategies for domestic, commercial, industrial, and agricultural sectors
- Promote renewable energy and energy efficiency for water and wastewater utilities
- Engage the private sector — including public private partnerships — in the water sector for cost efficiency and long-term sustainability of systems
- Reform environmental and water policy
- Integrate watershed management
- Monitor and manage surface and ground water quality
- Bachelor’s degree related to the solicited areas of specialization; an advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience providing technical input or advisory services in Lebanon or in the Middle East region
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively in a team environment
- Qualified local candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professional proficiency in Arabic and English is required
To apply, please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached with WSC Technical Specialist in the subject line to LebanonWSCrecruit@chemonics.com no later than March 31, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.