Chemonics seeks experienced technical specialists for the anticipated five-year, $25 to $50 million USAID-funded PMI Uganda Malaria Control Activity. This Activity will support the people of Uganda to strengthen the capacity for malaria prevention and treatment and ownership of health at the community and household levels while maintaining gains made at the health facility level in focus districts. This Activity will also seek to improve private sector engagement and surveillance and strengthen the existing linkages between community health services/community-level leadership and facilities/District Health Teams to increase the ability to prevent, detect, and treat malaria in households. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
We are seeking technical specialists in the following areas:
- Malaria prevention, care, and treatment
- Community-level malaria vector control activities and interventions
- Malaria surveillance, monitoring, evaluation, and strategic information
- Social behavior change communication
- Capacity building of local partners and counterparts
- Private sector engagement
- Gender equality and social inclusion
- Refugee health and conflict-affected populations
- Master’s degree in public health or another related field
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in area of specified technical expertise; more experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Strong writing, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with USAID and/or other donors preferred
- Experience and understanding working with governments and government systems, the private sector, and international donors
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience working with program teams in challenging settings
- Experience in Uganda preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please complete your application at this link. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.