Third-Party Monitoring Manager, USAID/Iraq Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES), Baghdad, Iraq
Under the recently-awarded Iraq PMES contract, MSI provides USAID/Iraq with utilization-driven support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. The primary goal of the contract is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches. The project involves services across four components: (1) Performance Management, (2) Evaluation Services, (3) M&E Capacity Building, and (4) Collaboration, Learning and Adapting. The project will have offices Baghdad and Erbil.
**Please note: Only Iraqi citizens are eligible for this position**
USAID relies on third-party monitoring (TPM) to provide independent monitoring data to inform management decisions and corrective actions. MSI will provide on-the-ground monitoring, verification and reporting services for USG contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements in Iraq. The TPM Manager will work under the direction of the Senior M&E Specialist (SMES). The Third-Party Field Monitors (3-PFMs) throughout Iraq, will be tasked with providing verification/activity oversight and performance/outcome monitoring for USAID activities. This is a full-time position based in Baghdad or Erbil with travel throughout Iraq.
· Supervise a team of 10 3-PFMs to ensure that they collect quality data and meet site visit targets
· Coordinate and provide training for 3-PFMs in the areas of project management, performance monitoring, data collection, evaluation, data quality, and other tasks critical to the successful performance of the field monitors
· Foster a strong sense of team among the 3-PFM
· Seek analytic and programmatic synergies among the 3-PFMs
· Design a work plan, develop a communications protocol and review and modify tools and report formats during start-up with USAID
· Conduct quality control on the weekly TPM reports and other monitoring reports
· Ensure TMPs are uploading data in a timely manner and in accordance with protocols
· Design TPM instruments or review existing instruments in coordination with the Mission and the SMES
· Ensure all third-party monitoring tasks are be done in close collaboration with USAID staff
· Help the team develop new and better ways to use MEL to support USAID/Iraq and its implementing partners to improve the lives of Iraqis
· Provide other support as directed by the SMES or Chief of Party (COP)
· Travel, as needed, to provide training, mentorship, and oversight to monitors throughout Iraq
· Undergraduate degree in economics, political science, international development, social sciences, statistics or related field is required. Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
· A minimum of five years relevant experience required, including managing large teams
· Experience delivering M&E training and mentoring and developing staff required
· Experience managing USAID project M&E activities or conducing independent monitoring and verification of USAID activities
· Experience designing and applying qualitative and quantitative data collection tools
· Demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to work effectively with partners and stakeholders
· Excellent communications skills in English
· Must be willing to travel throughout Iraq
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.