Topographic Survey Specialist - Afghanistan
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects throughout the world. SHELADIA believes that practicality and sustainability in development projects require flexible resource management, active participation of all stakeholders, and a shared goal of strengthening institutions and operational systems, to optimize the use of available resources.
SHELADIA is seeking a Topographic Survey Specialist with the below experience in Afghanistan.
The specialist will have a Masters Degree qualification in civil engineering / surveying and preferably 15 years of experience in surveying for civil works projects and especially dams and hydropower works. S/he will provide overall leadership for:
- Ensure and approve the topographic survey for the project design component is consistent for all project works and all project components tie to the same benchmarks.
- Validating the accuracy of the project topographic surveys in consultation with stakeholders previously performed during feasibility and early studies and update the benchmark references if required;
- Review previous TOR for the topo surveys and prepare amend the topo survey TOR for all components of the projects in discussion with MEW and Team Leaders of all project components. This survey will be subsequently forming the basis for all the project components.
- Establish survey contour interval that will be consistent for all the project components.
- Ensure that all project survey is performed using consistent benchmarks and communicate these benchmarks to the team leaders and MEW.
- Guide, train and advise the drafting team / engineers on limits and proper referencing of for their benchmarks support.
- Support the design engineers and other team members by using computer-based methods for collecting, managing, analyzing, modeling, and presenting geographic or spatial data;
- Support re-settlement team and ensure the acquired data is consistent with project requirements. If the data is not consistent with the project requirements then advise the ways to get the required data from suitable sources say USGIS, topo survey etc.
- Provide survey information to support Dam Break Studies of the project and other areas where overlay maps and datasets will be required including re-settlements; and
- Verify and locate their spatial relationships to each other.
How to Apply: Applications should include a CV and cover letter.
This position is open until filled. Please send CVs to email@example.com.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we may not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Please respect our no phone calls policy.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
About the Organization
SHELADIA Associates, Inc. is an international provider of technical assistance, architectural & engineering services, as well as, construction supervision in sectors of transportation; architecture; energy; irrigation and water resources; agriculture; water supply; health and education; and capacity building for government agencies, communities, and other stakeholders.
SHELADIA’s work spans the continents of Africa, Asia, and the Americas. The firm has successfully implemented projects for US Government Agencies such as USAID, multi-lateral agencies (World Bank, ADB, African Development Bank), host governments, and private sector clients. The company is dedicated to crosscutting the areas of monitoring and evaluation, private sector participation, and social development, which have been a key element for many of our projects in all sectors.