Chemonics seeks a short-term training and development consultant for the End Use Verification (EUV) Next Survey — a survey that seeks to capture data on malaria and maternal, newborn, and child health commodity availability in low- and middle-income countries — to support the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. As part of GHSC-PSM, the Maternal and Child Health (MCH) task order provides USAID missions, bureaus, and operating units with a worldwide mechanism to support USAID’s goal of ending preventable child and maternal deaths through increasing access to quality-assured commodities for maternal, newborn, and child health. To expedite the collection of much-needed data on commodities, the MCH task order is leveraging existing platforms, including the EUV Next Survey, and will collect data in a targeted number of countries that have received MCH task order funding where routinely collected data is not available or incomplete at the service delivery point level. The purpose of this consultancy is to develop three guidance documents for use by GHSC-PSM field staff, data collectors, and supervisors to support the implementation of EUV Next. The position will be based in Washington, D.C., and the anticipated duration of the assignment is up to 60 days (full time or part time, depending on consultant availability) from June to September 2018. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Develop and discuss outlines with the relevant GHSC-PSM teams for the development of a training manual, data collectors’ guide, and supervisors’ guide for the EUV Next Survey (the data collectors’ guide and supervisors’ guide have both been partially outlined and partially drafted, but the consultant may propose changes as needed)
- Review and include appropriate materials from existing guidance documents, including the EUV Next Survey questionnaire forms, SurveyCTO user guidelines and instructions, the current EUV Next Protocol, country training and data collection materials, and other EUV guidance developed by the President’s Malaria Initiative
- In consultation with the GHSC-PSM team, develop draft manuals that incorporate adult learning elements and are consistent with the context of conducting health facility surveys in developing countries, incorporating both supply-chain and case-management questions related to malaria and MCH
- Master’s degree in public health, international development, or a related field
- At least five years of experience developing training materials and curricula for low-resource settings
- Monitoring and evaluation experience (in the context of international development)
- Survey design and implementation experience
- Experience with malaria or MCH programs in low-resource settings
- Experience with USAID-funded programs
- Ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and the position title in the subject line to EUVNextSurvey@chemonics.com by June 25, 2018. Early applications are encouraged, as candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.