Scope and Objectives
The Kaizen Company is seeking a Training Specialist to provide overall technical oversight for the anticipated USAID project, with the main goal of lead of developing and implementing a long-term capacity building strategy for USAID staff, in the Bureau of Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA).
This 4-year project is part of USAID’s mission to strengthen the Agency’s Center of Excellence on Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG) Center staff’s capacity to translate existing technical expertise into effective adult learning opportunities and resources for both an internal and external audience, through a variety of blended learning programmes, strategically organized events and archived materials. The vision for USAID is to build a platform where technical and non-technical resources related to DRG are made accessible to both internal (USAID staff) and external (implementing partners and general public) audiences.
- Provide overall direction development of training strategy
- Oversee, monitor and provide technical feedback on quality of all training programs
- Provide direct support to the development of training materials,
- Achieve program results efficiently and effectively in compliance with USAID, US Government policies and procedures and within local government regulations
- Curates and implements innovative blended learning materials and delivery
- Ensure the completion of timely reports, evaluations, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet USAID quality control/assurance standards
- Report regularly to Kaizen Home Office, providing timely updates of all situational and program developments
- Supervisor monitoring evaluation coordinator, training coordinator and events coordinator
- At least 7-10 years of developing, delivering, implementing blended learning training curriculum to both internal and external audiences
- Strong knowledge and delivery experience of adult learning, online learning, and distance learning curriculums and effective training methodologies
- Understands and has prior experience incorporating technology into module development and delivery methods
- Demonstrated experience of developing blended learning materials, including and not limited to facilitation of face-to-face training, online courses, virtual classroom sessions, animated educational learning, videos, games
- Strong understanding and experience in strategic planning, staff development, leadership and adult learning
- Advanced degree in relevant field (such as organizational training, curriculum design, learning development, capacity building, organizational psychology, knowledge management) or closely related. PhD preferred
- At least 7-10 years of professional experience on adult learning curriculum planning, design, and implementing within democracy, governance, or humanitarian assistance field, preferably those funded by USAID
- Demonstrated leadership role and capacity in adult learning design and delivery
- Strong understanding of the staff capacities and training needs of Bureau of Democracy of Conflict, Humanitarian Assistance
- Demonstrates strategic thinking on developing and implementing innovative training methodologies for internal and external audiences, including the general public
- Strong understanding of overall USAID and/or multi-sectoral development theory and thorough working knowledge of USG operations, regulations, policies, procedures and programs desirable
- Technical knowledge of Kirkpatrick model and other training evaluation frameworks and adult learning methodologies
About the Organization
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is a development consulting firm that cultivates innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. For more than a decade, Kaizen has brought innovation into the world of donor-funded international development in Africa, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America/Caribbean, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
In parallel, Kaizen has been incubating innovations to scale through market forces to achieve development objectives without the need for donor funding. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide.