The Cloudburst Group is seeking an Evaluation Specialist to offer technical support for a potential new USAID funding opportunity, the demand-driven flexible Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) activity. The specialist will support with monitoring, evaluation and learning efforts, including advising and assisting program staff with MEL related aspects of proposal development, project start up, project implementation and close out. The MEL Specialist will also contribute to Cloudburst’s capacity building efforts for Cloudburst staff and partners and will deliver high-quality data-driven analyses to inform activity design and implementation. The Specialist will also have strong project management, data collection and analysis experience, and develop activity workplans and MEL plans.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the international development sector, with at least five years of professional experience in MEL related roles.
- Demonstrated understanding of the program theory-based approach to program design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Past experience working in Honduras or the region preferred
- Ability to design and conduct performance evaluations, including designing methodology and data collection tools.
- Experience participating as a team member in evaluations or project assessments for USAID or other donors is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience in drafting high quality reports.
- Ability to manage diverse activities and to meet deadlines required.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, coordinate and effectively meet program goals.
- Master’s level education in a related field.
- Fluent in spoken and written English required, Spanish preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative data analysis software, such as SPSS, STATA, or R preferred.
About the Organization
The Cloudburst Group is a small consulting business with its main office in Landover, MD. Cloudburst is considered a leader in optimizing the effectiveness and sustainability of public/private programs that target underserved populations and support communities domestically and internationally. Our services include research, evaluation, planning, management consulting and technical assistance, communications and performance measurement.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled