Devex is assisting IntraHealth International in their search for Vice President of Human Resources to be based in the USA. This is a remote-work, however, it would be a significant plus if the person is able to relocate to North Carolina. Remote work is available as long as the person is willing to travel to North Carolina as often as possible.
IntraHealth is seeking an experienced Vice President of Human Resources. The VP of human resources (VP HR) is responsible for leading, developing, and executing IntraHealth’s global human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. Specific dynamic focus areas and global expertise are in succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, benefits, and compensation. The VPHR provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team, and the board of directors.
HR Operations (30%)
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support IntraHealth’s mission and strategic vision
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or Center regarding key organizational and management issues
- Oversee and develop HR policies for all offices, countries, regions
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function
Talent Acquisition (20%)
- Develop strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital and global workforce planning needs of strategic organizational goals
- Craft talent acquisition strategies to build strong pipelines for future hiring needs
- Promote inclusion and diversity in the workplace and reinforce IntraHealth’s position as an equal opportunity employer
- Ensure our hiring, onboarding and management procedures are effective for diverse and inclusive groups
Talent Management (20%)
- Evaluate, design and implement training and development programs
- Implement Talent Management initiatives
- Facilitate Talent Reviews and Succession Plans
- Formulate career development plans
Total Rewards (30%)
- Provide strategic and operational leadership in the design, development, implementation, administration, and communication of our Total Rewards programs including health, welfare, wellness, retirement, base pay, incentives, and other rewards.
- Maintain Total Rewards philosophy and supporting policies and practices.
- Partner with leadership to leverage compensation and benefits programs to meet organizational objectives.
- Analyse the market competitiveness and cost-effectiveness of our compensation and benefit plans to ensure they optimize our ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Oversee the development and management of our HRIS systems to enhance our HR reporting/analytics capabilities.
- Maintain current knowledge of related government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security act (ERISA), FLSA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, and other applicable Labor and/or Tax laws and regulations; fulfils compliance and reporting requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate degree in human resources, business administration, law or another related field
- Minimum of 10 years of HR Leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience leading a global HR or People Operations function including working with country office teams
- Proven track record of success in implementing programs to attract and sustain a high-performing, engaged and global workforce.
- Strategic planning
- In-depth knowledge of all HR functions
- Hands-on experience with HR software (HRIS, ATS)
- Good understanding of international and domestic labor legislation
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Communication and problem-solving skills
- Master’s in human resources management, business administration, law or another related field plus 14 years of experience
- At least 10 of those years in International Development Management
- Experience at a non-profit or NGO organization
- GPHR, SPHR, or PHR certification
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel locally and internationally approximately 25% of the time
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed