WHS & Logistics Support Officer
- Based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- Reserved for Papua New Guinean Citizens only
Abt PNG Management Services supports the PNG Australia Governance Partnership which aims to contribute to security, stability, basic service delivery and inclusive growth for all Papua New Guineans. The Facility is responsible for the design and implementation of the majority of Australia’s governance portfolio under the strategic direction and oversight of the Australian and PNG Governments. Bringing governance activities under one umbrella, the Facility allows for greater coherence between, and consolidation of, individual activities, effective gender mainstreaming, smarter administrative, contracting and management processes, and improved knowledge sharing and actions on lessons learned across the governance portfolio.
There are seven Partnerships that the Facility supports, each with their own governance arrangements:
- Public Sector Leadership and Reform (PSLR)
- Decentralisation and Citizen Participation (DCP)
- Economic Governance and Inclusive Growth (EGIG)
- Kokoda Initiative
- Bougainville Partnership
- PNG Partnership Fund (PPF)
- Institutional Partnerships Program Deployment Support Services (IPPDSS)
Role Summary – WHS & Logistics Support Officer
This role is responsible to provide proactive, responsive and flexible support to the operations of Abt PNG Management Services including provincial offices.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide logistic/administration support to the Logistics Support Team for POM offices and facilities management including provinces.
- Assist with procurement functions to ensure logistic support to all offices is delivered in a timely effective and cost-efficient manner
- Ensure supplier accounts required by POM and provincial offices are established and maintained
- Assist with small value procurement of the Facility’s fixed assets and consumables for the POM office and provincial offices
- Arrange freight to the provincial office in an expedient and cost-effective manner
- Provide support to the Procurements team for asset management
- Conduct routine inspections of Ravalian Level 1& 2 to ensure cleanliness of offices is maintained and facilities and utilities are operational.
- Assist with office supervision of cleaners instructed by Logistics Supervisor / Manager
- Ensure the Facility’s compliance to Abt Workplace Health & Safety policy
- Conduct Monthly safety inspections and take remedial action
- Undertake all WHS related activities which form part of the AMS Risk Assessment and Management Plan and ensure that all WHS matters are addressed
- Maintain Abt PNG Workplace Risk and Hazard Register
- Promote and build WHS awareness within all Abt operational office
- Ensure that all emergency equipment is fully serviced, operational and meets testing requirements.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Logistics Support Manager / Supervisor
Further details regarding this opportunity and associated remuneration can be found in the ‘Information for Applicants’ in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of the Abt Careers page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, gender and people with disabilities.
Go to ‘Apply Now’, ‘Aus/UK Postings’ and by searching ‘By Country/ Region’ for Papua New Guinea, you will find this and all other roles currently being advertised for Abt Associates in PNG. Applications should be submitted online and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 05th April 2020, (midnight, local time).
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children