The international development community has increasingly realized that social entrepreneurs have a vital role to play in efforts to tackle global development problems. But what are social entrepreneurs and how do they fill the gaps in the international aid architecture?
See more stories on social entreprises:
● Starting a social enterprise? Here’s how to choose its legal structure
● Seeing it differently: 5 ways to challenge the social enterprise story
● Will a social enterprise movement be the path to Haiti's future?
● In Brazil, a charity makes successful transition to social enterprise
● Supporting social entrepreneurship to address poverty in South Asia
Social entrepreneurs have innovative ideas to solve the world’s most pressing development problems and do that by creating products, systems and solutions to help change people’s lives, Devex Impact associate editor Adva Saldinger explains in this video feature.
Watch the clip above to know more about social enterprises and how they have evolved through the years.
Join Devex to network with peers, discover talent and forge new partnerships in international development — it’s free. Then sign up for the Devex Impact newsletter to receive cutting-edge news and analysis at the intersection of business and development.