The U.K. Department for International Development has launched an online consultation to help map out priorities for its planned research program on the role of technological diffusion in boosting economic growth in low-income countries.
DFID is seeking to engage researchers to obtain policy recommendations in the areas of:
- Finance for innovation or adaptation.
- Education and training for innovation or adaptation.
- Industrial policy and innovation.
- Employment and innovation.
- Intellectual property rights and innovation.
- Low-carbon growth.
The consultation, which will run until July 5, 2010, will help shape a round-table discussion that will be led by DFID Chief Economist Alan Winters. The discussion will take place on July 22.