Teresa Welsh, reporter, Devex
Kate Midden, engagement editor, Devex
In the midst of crisis — when many lack access to basic needs such as food, shelter, and health care — breastfeeding can be a life-saving intervention for infants.
During World Breastfeeding Week, Reporter Teresa Welsh and Engagement Editor Kate Midden discussed how humanitarian organizations are working to ensure mothers can continue to breastfeed, even in emergency situations.
• Breast is best even in emergency situations, humanitarian orgs say
• New UN guidance aims to boost exclusive breastfeeding worldwide
• Opinion: Breast-feeding for economic growth and prosperity
• Breast milk for newborns: A key to sustainable development
• Opinion: We must improve the global state of breastfeeding