A year into the Trump administration, we've seen budget cuts, job cancellations, and rumblings of a new U.S. International Development Finance Institution. What exactly would those changes mean for global development? And what’s in store for the second year of the Trump administration? Associate Editor Adva Saldinger and Senior Reporter Michael Igoe take you inside the "America First" development agenda.
• US aid policy to watch in 2018
• Bipartisan bill gives US development finance a boost
• Exclusive: New US DFI expected to get strong White House support
• Support for new US development finance bill, even as some details are questioned
• What the US National Security Strategy says about global development
• Power Africa 2.0: A look at the new strategy
Watch more episodes of Long Story Short:
Long Story Short #1: 5 stories to watch in 2018
Long Story Short #2: A new era for the World Bank?
Long Story Short #3: What the Oxfam scandal means for the aid industry
Long Story Short #4: The State of #GlobalDevWomen
Long Story Short #5: The cost of desensitization