The future of development financing. The securitization of aid. The unprecedented scale of humanitarian crises. Innovation in development and humanitarian assistance. #AidToo. In the inaugural episode of Long Story Short — the global development news show — Managing Editor Paul Harris and Engagement Editor Kate Wathen discussed the top stories to watch in 2018.
• A development finance glossary
• The Rise of Chinese Aid series
• What you need to know about the EU’s new ‘aid for trade’ policies
• UN humanitarian chief Lowcock says new approach needed for system ‘under strain’
• #AidToo: How development organizations can respond to sexual violence
Watch more episodes of Long Story Short:
Long Story Short #2: A new era for the World Bank?
Long Story Short #3: What the Oxfam scandal means for the aid industry
Long Story Short #4: The State of #GlobalDevWomen
Long Story Short #5: The cost of desensitization
Long Story Short #6: The "America First" development agenda
Long Story Short #7: Inside the Commission on the Status of Women
Long Story Short #8: The do's and don'ts of global development storytelling