Al Qasimi Foundation
The Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation for Policy Research was established in 2009 to aid in the social, cultural, and economic development of Ras Al Khaimah, a northern emirate in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Established through Emiri decree, the Foundation is considered a non-profit, quasi-governmental organization and is the visionary initiative of Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, UAE Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah. His Highness places great value on education and research, and the Al Qasimi Foundation was created to generate a world-class body of research on Ras Al Khaimah and the broader UAE region, develop local capacity in the public sector, and engage the community in its work.
His Highness seeks to ground policy decisions firmly in relevant bodies of research that reflect the best thinking in the world as well as the local Ras Al Khaimah and UAE contexts. To this end, the Al Qasimi Foundation serves as a bridge between the research and policy making communities—bringing to scholars’ attention public policy questions important to Ras Al Khaimah, and, in turn, disseminating research findings to promote innovative policy tools and models that will impact positive social change. The Al Qasimi Foundation approaches its work collaboratively, and aims to establish relationships with talented scholars and world-class universities, innovative public policy research centers, established government institutions, and strategic partners in the private and non-governmental sectors.
Although education was the initial focus for Al Qasimi Foundation initiatives, the Foundation is branching into other public policy areas as it matures (including urban planning and development, public health, economics, and the environment). Even as its portfolio of programs and activities has expanded, the Al Qasimi Foundation’s research grants and teacher professional development workshops remain among its signature offerings.
The Foundation believes in a people-centered approach to equipping the community to find creative, collaborative approaches to aid in the development of Ras Al Khaimah. Accordingly, their mission is to make significant contributions to the social, cultural, and economic development of Ras Al Khaimah and the United Arab Emirates by:
- Generating and supporting innovative, high-quality research focused on education and related policy areas in order to inform decisions and support the creation of relevant, effective public policies
- Developing and providing strategic services and support to build individual and local capacity in education and the public sector
- Building a spirit of community, collaboration, and shared vision through purposeful engagement that fosters meaningful relationships among individuals and organizations
Their vision is the sustained social, cultural, and economic development of Ras Al Khaimah and the United Arab Emirates and the enhanced capacity, satisfaction, and quality of life for all members of its community, attained through effective public policy research and strategic service delivery.
They strive to:
- Contribute to the positive development of the PEOPLE and COMMUNITY of Ras Al Khaimah and the United Arab Emirates
- COLLABORATE with individuals and organizations, both inside and outside of the United Arab Emirates, to further strengthen and enhance the impact of their work
- Cultivate a culture of RESPECT and demonstrate INCLUSIVENESS for all those around them
- Achieve the highest QUALITY and levels of PROFESSIONALISM in all they do: their approach to their work, their research, their service offerings, and their engagement activities
- Approach their work with PASSION and practice INTEGRITY in everything they do
- Model STEWARDSHIP in the use of community resources, knowledge, and relationships as they work toward advancing their mission See more