Chinese Benevolent Association of Jamaica (CBA)
In 1891, Chin Tung-Kao founded the Chinese Benevolent Society at 113 Barry Street in downtown Kingston. Its aims were to offer Humanitarian and Social Aid as well as preserve Chinese Customs and Ethnic Identity.
They operate a home for the aged in their community and have periodic events to help the needy and promote the contribution of the Chinese community to the development of Jamaica.
- Develop, foster and enhance the spirit of togetherness within the Chinese community
- Create the platform for their people to meet, work and play in harmony and respect
- Foster the culture base that was handed to them by their parents, particularly in the areas of heritage, family loyalty and respect for their elders and leaders
- Respond to the needs of their community, where possible, to the best of their ability
- Share with the wider community aspects of their cultureSee more