Ecologists without Borders is a non-profit founded in 2009 and one of the leading Slovenian NGOs dedicated to improving the state of our environment — focusing on efficient resource use and active citizenship.
Most of their activities deal with waste at its source, but not all are limited to Slovenia. They're an active member of Zero Waste Europe, Let's do it world! and some other networks.
Their mission is activation, motivation and cooperation of individuals, communities, policy makers, industry, businesses and researchers in the area of an efficient use of natural resources with the aim to reduce costs, preserve energy and create new green jobs. They educate and build opportunities for waste prevention, separate collection, recycling and composting of materials in waste.
Ecologists Without Borders Association from Slovenia brings together enthusiastic activists in the field of environmental protection. It is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the environmental situation, focusing on proper waste management — prevention where possible. This is achieved by promoting cooperation and activation of individuals and organizations in their local environments.
- They have been fighting for a cleaner environment and a Slovenia without waste since 2009.
- Breaking world records with two nation-wide cleanups and raising awareness about efficient resource use and proper waste handling was only the beginning.
- The Let's do it World project continues, with more than 100 countries as participant hubs.
- They joined the European Zero Waste movement and convinced Ljubljana to become the first ZW capital in Europe
- With projects like Tekstilnica they're organizing clothing exchanges, collecting waste textiles and creating jobs through a social enterprise
- Another strain aims to reduce food waste significantly
- Besides these highlights, they're developing and partnering in several other projects.
- They are promoting the concept of circular economy.