Forum das Juventudes da Grande BH
Created in 2004, the Forum is a network that defends the rights of youth and fights for the construction of public policies with this perspective in Belo Horizonte and cities in the Greater BH.
Created in August 2004, the Youth Forum of Grande BH is a wide articulation of entities and movements that work with young people and / or are formed by young people from the Metropolitan Region of BH, being of a non-governmental, supraparty and non-denominational character . The Forum affirms respect for diversity, human rights and democracy as a fundamental principle of its internal organization, striving for the autonomy of young people, movements and entities.
- Exercise social control in the formulation, execution and evaluation of public youth policies, especially within the scope of Greater Belo Horizonte, covering the most diverse themes;
- Promote the political qualification of the entities, based on reflections on the youth condition and the panorama of public youth policies in Brazil, as well as exchanges between the entities, the movements and the young people who are part of it;
- Mobilize civil society around youth issues, seeking to encourage and support local and national articulations;
- Strengthen and defend the autonomy, empowerment and political action of young people, through training and mobilization actions;
- Establish dialogue with the public authorities and collaborate for the advancement of youth legislation in the municipal (Grande BH), state and federal levels.See more