Health Systems Trust (HST)
Health Systems Trust (HST) is an innovative non-profit organisation working to strengthen ongoing development of comprehensive health systems in southern Africa. Using a primary health care approach, it specialises in conducting health research, providing technical support, and information dissemination. Its strategies are designed to promote equity and efficiency in health and healthcare delivery.
Health for all through strengthened health systems
To be a partner of choice in building comprehensive and equitable health systems
The approach is based on:
- the primary health care philosophy
- generating evidence-based interventions, good practice and innovations
- providing management, implementation and research support at all levels of the health system
- providing guidance, mentoring and training
- recognising the influence of the social determinants of health on the burden of disease
- tailoring our work to local contexts
- creating, sharing, storing and curating new knowledge.
It is a learning organisation that is:
- committed to excellence
- honest and transparent
- knowledge-drivenSee more