IDinsight helps leaders combat poverty worldwide by designing, deploying and promoting evidence-generating tools. They tailor the best methodologies to partner needs and constraints to fuse evidence with action. They serve governments, NGOs, foundations and social businesses across Africa and Asia in all major program areas including health, education, agriculture, livelihoods, finance, energy and governance.
They aim to improve millions of lives by transforming how the social sector innovates, learns, and improves.
Their mission is to use data and evidence to help leaders combat poverty worldwide.
Understanding when, where, and how to use data is complex.
IDinsight is on-site with their clients to translate data into actionable insights. They provide rigorous evidence to improve social sector programs and help clients understand how to use data to inform decisions large and small, within time, budget, operational, and political constraints.
Every IDinsight engagement is anchored to three principles:
Impact: What is the probability that this work will improve lives?
Demand: What are the client's highest priority questions?
Causality: What else could have/would have happened in the absence of this program?
Client engagements may include just one of IDinsight’s services, or it may include many.
Their teams begin with a careful diagnosis of a client’s most pressing questions and a recommendation on how to how best to answer them to achieve maximum impact within the engagement’s specific context.
Their services include:
- Impact evaluation to inform client decisions
- Measuring whether program activities have been implemented as planned to inform programmatic decisions
- Designing monitoring systems to inform client decisions
- Series of approaches that are used to make accurate predictions on unseen data or automate classification of objects or outcomes
- Data analysis, modeling and visualization techniques
Program Diagnosis & Design Support
- Targeted support to diagnose problems and shape program design
Landscape & Evidence Review
- Systematic and critical review of secondary sources targeted at informing client decisions
- Measuring beneficiary beliefs or preferences (including willingness to pay) to inform client decisions
- Training clients on how to commission, consume, generate, and/or use evidence to improve their impactSee more