Institute of Strategy and Policy on Natural Resources and Environment (ISPONRE)
Functions and Authorities:
1. To conduct researches and summarize international practices and experiences on natural resources management and environmental protection, and socio-economic issues relating to strategies and policies in the areas of MONRE’s mandate.
2. As assigned by the Minister, to develop strategies, master plans, plans, legal documents, technical guidelines criteria, and stipulation of economic-technical standards for natural resources and environment.
3. To implement macro-forecasting; to develop orientation, medium-term and long-term vision; to analyze, evaluate and propose completion of policies; and laws; to research, test and propose new mechanisms, policies, tools for natural resources management and environmental protection.
4. To conduct researches, propose legal documents on consolidating and completing the state management system on natural resources and environment sector; to develop mechanisms for inter-sector and inter-regional coordination, dispute, and conflict settlement and utilization, mobilization of resources for natural resources management and environmental protection.
5. As assigned by the Minister, to organize the implementation of scientific and technological programs and research projects on natural resources and environment, and to participate in the appraisal and approval processes of programs and research projects.
6. To provide scientific, technological, consulting and training services in the areas of MONRE’s mandate in conformity with legal regulations.
7. To conduct researches, propose strategies and policies on international cooperation and integration in the areas of MONRE’s mandate; to strengthen partnerships, and policy dialogues with foreign countries and international organizations; to manage and implement international programs and projects assigned by the Minister; and to be a focal point of the Environment Operations Center (EOC) in Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS).
8. To collect, synthesize, process, develop a database, provide information, edit, publish and print publications relating to strategies and policies in the areas of MONRE’s mandate and the research results of the Institute in conformity with legal regulations.
9. To manage the organization, including civil servants, researchers, and contracted labor, in line with the regulation.
10. To manage the finance and assets of the Institute; to perform the tasks of the Second-level Budget Unit (of ISPONRE) with those of different sections of the Institute in accordance with legal regulations.
11. To monitor and report regularly and as required on the implementation process of assigned duties.
12. To do other duties assigned by the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment.See more