The Legal Clinic Myanmar [LCM] is one of the first legal organizations that play a unique role in promoting and strengthening rule of law, democracy and human rights in Myanmar since its establishment in 2011. They stand for justice by providing legal aid services and social supports for people whose rights have been violated and those have been unfairly and unjustly treated in cooperation with both state actors and non-state actors. The LCM is committed to not only promoting awareness of legal rights and paralegal trainings order to break citizens’ silence but also provision of legal aid services for people whose rights have been violated and treated unjustly particularly regarding land, women, child and labor issues with the vision that legal rights of every citizen will be secured through the enforcement of the rule of law.
Everyone must be will-informed about their human right and legal rights. Besides, they can claim and protect their rights.
Every citizen’s legal rights will be secure through the enforcement of the rule of law.
Standing for Law and order restoration in the society and breaking the silence of claiming for human rights.
- To promote and protect human rights
- To foster legal knowledge and capacity
- To enhance access to justice through the provision of legal aid services.
- To advocate for law and legal reform to emerge fair and just law
- Justice and Equality
- Rule of Law
- Human Rights and Democracy
- Transparency and Accountability
- Th Marginalized and Vulnerable Groups
Where is Legal Clinic Myanmar (LCM)