The Organization called MARDAP (Mannar Association for Rehabilitation of Differently Able People) established by the Holy Family Sisters in October 2002. Its Patron is Ret.Rev.Dr.Rayapu Joseph the Bishop of Mannar. It was registered on 30th September 2003, under the Voluntary Social Service Organization (Registration and Supervision) Act. No. 31 of 1980. The objective of MARDAP is to rehabilitate and to raise self-esteem, their dignity and socio-economic of the differently able people in Mannar District. It's main aim is to do Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) Service to the traumatized, displaced and Differently able people in Mannar District. They have identifies nearly 2000 people with physical and mental disability in the district, and still more to be identified.
Their Vision :
"A world of Peace, Harmony and Equality where differently able peopleare made realize their full potentialities."
THEIR MISSION :
- Their Mission is to reach out to People With Disability (PWD)/ Differently Able in the society through Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) Programme.
- Advocate the upholding of Human Rights and Rights of the Disabled in the society.
- Commit for PWD to envelope their potentialities and integration with the wider society.
- Heal psychosocial wounds, Stigma, Misunderstanding and fear of disability undergone by people with disability.
The Objectives of MARDAP Be :
- To advocate the rights of the differently able in the society.
- To promote them to integrate with the wider society.
- To encourage inclusive education for the differently able children.
- To create awareness to the parents of the differently able of their responsibilities.
- To enable them to be self- reliance and self supportive.
- To ensure them obtain all the legal documents including disabled identity card.
- To prevent the growth rate of disabled in the society.
- To coordinate the aids to them from different societies and Institution.
- To promote income generation activities and encourage saving schemes.
The GOAL :
Disabled persons receive information, health and rehabilitation services, skills training and Employment and income generation opportunities so that they have a better standard of living, more meaningful participation and choices in social and political activities and can serve as an important human resource for Sri Lankan society.
Where is MARDAP (Mannar Association for Rehabilitation of Differently Able People)