Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MESRS) (Benin)
The General Secretariat of the Ministry is the organ responsible for the correct execution of the Ministry's mission. It ensures the achievement of results and the satisfaction of citizens.
It ensures the continuity of the administration of the Ministry.
In this capacity and under the authority of the Minister, he:
- in consultation with Cabinet, propose strategic directions to reflect the government's vision, policies and strategies in the Department's areas of activity;
- ensure the implementation of the government's action program and the department's strategic directions in collaboration with the Minister's Office;
- ensure alignment of all central directorates and technical directorates with strategic orientations and government priorities;
- develops and implements a leadership development program within the Department;
- issue a technical opinion on the files submitted for study and the decision of the Minister;
- develops, implements, evaluates and capitalizes on the Department's overall performance improvement plan, policies, partnerships and services, including client / client and departmental satisfaction;
- ensure that achieving the results is an institutional requirement of the Department by refocusing in particular the priorities on the results / impacts and not on the resources / inputs and activities;
- develops, in collaboration with the Minister's Office and in liaison with other ministerial departments, partnerships, networks and consultations with the private sector, civil society, users / customers, technical and financial partners at the national and international;
- develops, implements, evaluates and capitalizes the plan for the reform, modernization and transformation of the administrative culture within the Ministry;
- ensures the preparation of an annual capitalization report of good practices to consolidate the achievements and enrich the administrative culture.
- perform all other tasks assigned to him by the Minister in strict compliance with the laws and regulations.
The General Secretariat of the Ministry is headed by a Secretary General assisted by a Deputy Secretary General.
The central, technical directors, and heads of agencies under supervision are under the authority of the Secretary General of the Ministry.
The General Secretariat of the Ministry includes:
- the Secretary General of the Ministry;
- the Deputy Secretary General of the Ministry;
- Assistant Secretary General of the Ministry;
- the Administrative Secretariat;
- the Legal Unit;
- the person responsible for public procurement;
- the Public Procurement Commission;
- The sectoral unit for steering administrative and institutional reform.See more