CNDIPT is a specialized body under the Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sport, public institution with legal personality established by Government Decision, nr.855 of November 26, 1998 .
CNDIPT was established with the aim of continuing reform of vocational education and training (TVET) which began with the assistance of the European Union, through the Phare VET RO 9405 . Amended and supplemented by the decision of The setting up institution has diversified tasks in the development of technical and vocational education.
In achieving its goals of continuous improvement of technical and vocational education, CNDIPT the following main responsibilities:
- Proposes principles of educational policy and development strategies of initial training through a network of schools of vocational and technical education and the principles of linking training and specialized education and university;
- Ensure coordination of scientific innovation projects and development of technical and vocational education;
- Ensure coordination of science and develop design methodologies, development, implementation and revision of curriculum for vocational and technical education;
- Ensure coordination of science and develop methodologies for system design evaluation and certification of specific training vocational and technical education;
- Help coordinate and develop scientific methodologies for teacher training in vocational and technical education;
- Contribute to correlate the level of principles and methodologies of initial and continuous training of teachers in vocational and technical education;
- Designs and develops programs for equipping and other material resources for technical and vocational education at the international training standards;
- Ensures the development and operation of social partnership in vocational education and training at national, regional and local level;
- Ensure coordination of professional and scientific advice to authors and trainers national, regional and local network of technical and vocational education;
- Provides scientific advice and coordination in matters of planning structures and resources for technical and vocational education;
- Collaborate with institutions, programs and projects in the field, in order to match the design and development of training standards, curriculum and assessment, as well as resource planning to take vocational and technical education;
- Provides training and participation of schools programs and projects of socio-economic development at national, regional and local level;
- Shall, at the request of the Ministry of Education and Research, training and participation of subordinate units and institutions in Community programs aimed at the European Structural Funds;
- Manages financial resources from the state budget or extra-profile programs attracted national and international.