Nepal Mahila Ekata Samaj (NMES) is a network organization of landless (Squatter & informal settlement) women scattered throughout 40 districts of Nepal. It was registered with the government of Nepal as a non – profit, non – political and non – political and non – government organization in 40 districts with the registration no.81/057/058.
It started functioning as a loose network of landless (squatter & informal settlement) women by acknowledging the problems and discrimination caused by the society to the landless (Squatter & informal settlement) women. In context of Nepal, woman themselves are discriminated and excluded from the society more than that the landless (Squatter & informal settlement) women are double victimized. Being landless (Squatter & informal settlement) is not their interest; it is caused by the society.
Since its’ inception, the organization is contributing on advocating for the rights of landless (Squatter & informal settlement) women who are suffering from forceful migration, deprived from citizenship and victimized because of the hierarchical social patriarchal structure.
NMES envisions a prosperous a prosperous society that is economically equitable, culturally plural, socially equal and inclusive.
Contribute on living dignified life to the landless (Squatter informal settlement) women and to assure them the secure shelter.
- Mark organized the landless (squatter informal settlement) women residing in different parts of the nation.
- Mark aware the landless (squatter informal settlement) women on their rights and to advocate for assuring their rightsin the policy level.
- Develop proper advocacy and lodging to address the issues of landless women by concern authorities.
- Strengthen networks of organization for secure shelter rights, land rights and women rights.
- Develop capacity of landless (squatter informal settlement) women to assure the dignified life in the society.
- Function in effective way against forceful eviction and elimination domestic women violence.
- Collective effort
- Women rights
- Secure shelter rights
- Land rights
- Awareness raising
- Capacity building
- Strengthening the
- Strengthening the networks
- Right based advocacy and lobbing
Where is Nepal Mahila Ekata Samaj (NMES)