Sander Geophysics Limited (SGL) provides worldwide airborne geophysical surveys for petroleum and mineral exploration, and geological and environmental mapping. Services offered include high resolution airborne gravity, magnetic, electromagnetic, and radiometric surveys, using fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters.
Dr. George W. Sander (1924-2008) founded SGL in 1956, to provide ground geophysical surveys. The first airborne surveys were performed as early as 1958, and by 1967 airborne geophysical surveys were the company's main focus. Operations have expanded steadily since SGL was founded 60 years ago. The company is led by co-presidents Luise Sander and Stephan Sander.
SGL's head office and aircraft maintenance hangar are located at the International Airport in Ottawa, Canada. Sander Geophysics has operated on every continent including Antarctica, and under diverse conditions ranging from the tropics, deserts, mountains, and offshore.
Facilities at the head office include a state of the art data processing department with an integrated digital cartographic department and a fully equipped electronics workshop for research, development and production of geophysical instruments. A Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO) for fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters allows most aircraft maintenance and modifications to be performed in-house.
Where is Sander Geophysics Limited (GSL)