Universidad Centroamericana Jose Simeon Canas (UCA)
The Central American University “José Simeón Cañas”, known as UCA, was founded in September 1965, in the context of the optimism of the decade of development.
The José Simeón Cañas Central American University (UCA) is a Christian and martyrial-inspired university at the service of the Salvadoran and Central American people to promote social transformation, through research, teaching and social projection.
The UCA forms competent people and committed to social justice; it contributes to the creation of new modes of human behavior and social coexistence based on justice and solidarity with the poor, the defense of human rights and the common good; and promotes responsible research and innovation.
The UCA plans to be
- The Christian-inspired university with the greatest leadership to promote transformation and social justice in El Salvador and Central America.
- The university recognized for its academic excellence, human and ethical training, and the commitment to social justice.
- The Central American university that is characterized by the development of multidisciplinary and inter-institutional research in the scientific-technological, economic, political, socio-cultural and environmental field, especially oriented to the development of social justice, the rule of law and the common good of the Present and future generations.
In this direction, the UCA aspires to
- The production of knowledge and research are instruments put at the service of people, the cause of the poor and excluded to seek human, viable, fair and sustainable solutions.
- University education generates competent professionals, capable of learning permanently, with critical awareness and acting as responsible citizens.
- Have a competent academic body and committed to the mission of the University, excellence, innovation and lifelong learning.
- The cooperation with the productive, social, academic and governmental sectors of El Salvador and Central America is effective, coherent and critical in the service of a transformation that prioritizes social justice.
- Efficient, effective, austere and transparent administration is an institutional hallmark, for promoting the well-being and participation of the entire university community.
- The UCA campus is recognized for its sustainability and ability to offer a well-being environment appropriate to the demands of university life.See more