Chika Igwe is a Demographer and Population Scientist with over 5-7 years of progressive M&E experience in program implementation, supervision, impact assessment, monitoring & evaluation of Health interventions in resource constrained settings. Chika has demonstrated expertise in transferring skills in Analytical thinking, Inter-personal, Communication, Negotiation, Statistical Analysis, Strategic Planning and Team Building to in both community and facility based interventions.
Chika has functioned across the entire HIV care spectrum including HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care & Treatment, Nutrition programs, Maternal and Child health, HIV/AIDS ART Treatment, HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT), Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT)of HIV, Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), Gender Base Violence (GBV), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) program, Gender and Humanitarian services in thematic areas. Chika currently works with FHI 360 Rivers State Office as an M&E Volunteer where he provides support to sites in the state, including interacting with Technical officers, site Program Managers, M&E focal points/persons, M&E officers of SACA/SASCP, other Implementing Agencies on correct implementation and use of monitoring & evaluation tools while providing technical support to implement high quality care and support activities in PMTCT/ART. Prior to FHI360, Chika was an M&E Intern with UNFPA, Johannesburg, South Africa as part of his curriculum for a BA Hons in Demography and Population Studies for a period of 6 months. Chika has also served as a Superintendent, Field Manager, M&E officer, Supervisor in one of the foremost Agricultural Company in Nigeria (Precious Bananas Nigeria Limited) situated in Rivers State of Nigeria.
Chika has a B.Ed. Hons in Biology and a BA Hons in Demography and Population Studies from both the Rivers State University of Education, Rumuolumene, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, an affiliate to the prestigious University of Ibadan and the prestigious University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa. Chika has several certifications in M&E, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, Database Administration and Network Administration and is fluent in English on the level of 5, Pidgin and a host of other indigenous languages. Chika has expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, SPSS, DHS, DHIS, IPUMS, STATA, LAMIS, NOMIS and a host of other software's.
• Database and network administration skills;
• Competent user of Statistical and Information System Databases and Software(s) - (DHIS, IPUMS, WHO, UNFPA-Adolescent & Youth Dashboard, LAMIS, DHS, Nomis, STATA, Zotero and SPSS);
• Excellent data collection, collation, entry, validation, analysis and reporting skills
• Data quality assessment and data management skills;
• Excellent report writing skill;
• Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint to presentation standards);
• Excellent analytical and presentation skills, research, monitoring and evaluation skill;
• Excellentspoken, writing(Level 6 English Language) and interpersonal skills;
• Professionalism, Loyalty, Goal-driven and Team Player;
• Strong sense of commitment and dedication to duty;
• Excellent communication skill;
• Great leadership, mobilization and personnel management skills;