Medical doctor with more than 15 years’ experience in medical practice, clinical and operational research, public health and public health programs management within Africa, with a focus on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, family planning and HIV/AIDS. Health systems and HealthCare Improvement Expert having designed and led large-scale programs as a Public health and Quality Improvement specialist. Further I have insights into the pharmaceutical industry including supporting innovations and research and development across consumer products, medical devices and diagnostics, crafting access models to products, medical education & safety I am Member of the global burden of disease (GBD) research group.
Core Transferable skills sets
• Project management with experience in designing and scaling up large scale integrated projects
• Leadership and governance with extensive experience in setting up and managing large diverse teams to achieve and exceed set targets
• Networking and political ‘acumen’ able to establish and maintain needed linkages with host governments, funding agencies, implementing partners and beneficiaries.
• Policy and systems design with experience in health systems and policy formulation and implementation
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• Research skills both operational, systems and clinical research with numerous publication in scientific peer reviewed journals of global impact. Member of the global burden of disease research group. Peer reviewer of numerous scientific journals
• Quality improvement and quality assurance expert having designed some of the frameworks in use in Low Income Countries including the Kenya Quality model for Health (KQMH) & The Kenya HIV Quality improvement framework (KHQIF)
• Business development
• Solid academic progress. External supervisor for master’s level students and above.
research & development
child and maternal health
Interested in learning more about this Devex member?
With a Recruitment Account, you can view the full profile & CV for this member and other professionals around the world. Click here to know more!
Already a member? Just sign in.
Orjoin to message other community members on Devex.