· Tetra Tech is looking for climate change, resilience and environment experts for the upcoming FCDO Supporting Africa to be Climate and Natural Resources Smart (SUCCESS) Programme
· 5 years
· Various countries across Africa
Tetra Tech looking for experts to support an anticipated UK government-funded Climate Change Facility Programme in Africa. This Programme aims to address cross-border challenges in areas at the forefront of the climate and poverty agenda. SUCCESS proposes to develop sustainable economic and secure livelihoods for future generations with an overall goal of enhancing adaptive capacity. The goal is for African economies to become increasingly climate resilient, low carbon and environmentally sustainable with stronger political commitment to tackling climate change by 2030.
The Programme will last up to 5 years and will be delivered in various countries in Africa, countries to be confirmed.
We are looking for long-term and short-term experts in the following fields:
· Transboundary Water Management
· Natural Resource Management
· Resource Degradation and Forestry
· Weather and Climate Information Services
· Low Carbon Energy Development and Energy Access
· Climate Smart Agriculture
· National, regional and sectoral climate smart/green growth planning
· Accessing Climate Finance
· Trade, climate change and sustainability
· Disaster Risk Reduction, migration
· Climate change, security and stability
· Political Economy Analysis
· Gender and Social Inclusion
· Climate change policy development=
· Development and use of innovative approaches and technologies in any of the above areas
For all the above fields of expertise, the person specifications are as follows:
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results on donor funded programmes in Africa
· Capacity building and/or policy development expertise
· Proven technical experience of integrating climate issues at regional, national and subnational levels in one or more of the above fields
· Experience with DFID and FCO is preferred
· 5+ years of experience in the field
About the Organization
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors around the world, including the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), and the European Union (EU). Our people are focused on improving lives by working side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth, and good governance.
Tetra Tech International Development is part of Tetra Tech, a global family of experts providing international development services in over 13 key practice areas in over 100 countries around the world. Tetra Tech serves the major aid markets in the UK and Europe, as well as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and multilateral development banks.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.