DT Global seeks a chief of party for the anticipated Afghanistan Market-Based Jobs for Peace (MJP) program. This activity aims to support enterprise growth in rural and peri-urban areas in Afghanistan by addressing key constraints that inhibits their productivity, their ability to hire more people and their linkages to major market centers. The goal of this project is to address the pervasive widespread unemployment within the context of returning refugee and IDP populations in post-conflict environments, specifically by improving workforce skills for employment, self-employment, and entrepreneurship; and enhancing the overall competitiveness of Afghan value chains. The MJP economic empowerment initiatives will target youth, women, internally displaced persons, returnees, and former combatants in rural and peri-urban areas. This position is based in Kabul, Afghanistan. We are looking for someone who can create thoughtful and impactful solutions for DT Global, our clients and our stakeholders.
• Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction
• Supervise technical and administrative staff
• Extensive knowledge of USAID Regulations and Compliance
• Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, the host-country government, and local and regional partners
• Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound, appropriate, and aligned with the program’s long-term vision
• Oversees work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
• Work with HQs to make sure that the project is executed according to the vision of all stakeholders.
• Advanced degree in international development, conflict resolution, finance, business, economic development, or a related field preferred
• Experience working in Afghanistan preferred, but not required
• Ability to analyze complex, politically sensitive issues and ensure strategic program coherence in dynamic environments
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing and implementing development projects of similar size and scope of $50 M or more preferably in a conflict or post-conflict environment with populations similar to those MJP seeks to support
• Experience working with communities in challenging environments to create employment opportunities and jobs, strengthen workforce-related skills and abilities, and enhance the competitiveness of value chains and otherwise engage marginalized populations in economic opportunities
• Demonstrated experience establishing inclusive economic empowerment initiatives, ideally within a conflict or post-conflict setting
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with civil society organizations to identify community needs, improve the enabling environment for investment and private sector progression, and attract investment into rural value chains
• Strong facilitation, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
• Experience with adaptive management approaches
• Personnel and resource management, coordination, and decision-making skills along with an ability to troubleshoot
• Demonstrated leadership, reliability, flexibility and resourcefulness.
About the Organization
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com