Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID’s New Governance Georgia program. USAID’s new good governance program will continue supporting the GOG to implement major directives of public administration and parliamentary reforms. The activity will prioritize addressing issues of accountability at the central level by strengthening oversight function of the Parliament, improving performance of State Audit Office and advancing open governance and anti-corruption reforms. This position will be based in Tbilisi, Georgia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction to develop and execute program activities aimed at building capacity of the Parliament, improving performance of State Audit Office and advancing open governance and anti-corruption reforms
- Supervise technical and administrative staff
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID and international and regional partners
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Direct implementation of the project’s strategic long-term vision
- Oversee work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Advanced degree in Governance or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field
- Minimum 7-10 years of professional experience in parliamentary reform, anti-corruption reform, increasing accountability of central level institutions
- Minimum five years of experience as chief of party or donor funded program leadership position preferred
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with government officials, non-governmental organizations, local media, and other donors
- Demonstrated experience in designing, managing, implementing, and monitoring and evaluating complex donor-supported projects, with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please submit an electronic version of your CV, cover letter, and contact information by August 31, 2020 at georgianewgovernanceCOP@chemonics.com. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are int eh European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.