Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated Jordan Public Accountability and Justice Strengthening Activity (PAJSA). This $25 million to $50 million activity aims to strengthen accountability within the government of Jordan and judicial institutions while bolstering the ability of civil society and the public and private sectors to hold the government to account on adherence to the law and the protection of vulnerable populations. The activity will build on the work of USAID’s Rule of Law program and expand its work to additional public sector actors. The chief of party, based in Amman, will lead the activity and provide technical oversight. They should possess considerable successful experience in rule of law or accountability strengthening programs, with particular expertise managing justice sector strengthening, rule of law, and/or human rights programming. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Implement the project’s strategic long-term vision
- Provide leadership, management, and technical direction to develop and execute program activities, which will focus on building capacity of governmental counterparts and justice service providers to promote accountability, efficiency, and transparency; supporting judicial independence and justice sector reforms; protecting human rights; and improving justice service delivery for citizens and communities
- Oversee work planning, performance management, strategic communications, and contractual and budgetary aspects of program management, including coordinating with Washington, D.C.-based project management unit
- Supervise technical and administrative staff and provide opportunities for professional development
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID and partners
- Represent Chemonics to USAID, the government of Jordan, local partners, and other program stakeholders
- Advanced degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience supervising complex, fast-paced, politically oriented field operations in emerging democracies, at least three years as chief of party or deputy chief of party, or equivalent
- Experience managing or implementing a similar public accountability, transparency, rule of law, and/or justice strengthening project that involves building relationships with government and stakeholders, grant-making, and training
- Knowledge of Jordan and/or the Middle East preferred
- Experience managing programs of similar scope preferred.
- Experience promoting access to justice for vulnerable and underserved populations, including women, youth, and refugees
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with government officials, NGOs, local media, and other donors
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in Arabic preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “PAJSA Chief of Party” in the subject line to JordanPAJSARecruit@Chemonics.com no later than July 1, 2020. We will review applications on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.