Tetra Tech ES, Inc., based in Arlington, VA, is recruiting for a Cost and Pricing Manager to join the Business Development team and lead all aspects of US federal and commercial cost/financial proposal activities, to include coordinating with proposal managers and technical proposal teams, preparing budgets and cost proposal narratives, developing contractual documentation, coordinating with teaming partners, supporting negotiations with subcontractors, and other cost and pricing duties as required. This position requires both a “do-er” to execute the responsibilities listed and a “leader” to effectively facilitate communication among various parties during deadline driven activities, as well as recommend and implement process improvements to the proposal process.
While there may be flexibility for a candidate to work remotely, this position will require management of junior staff and regular collaboration with teams in our office, therefore candidates must be within commuting distance of Arlington, VA.
- Develop and prepare complex cost proposals in response to requirements from various clients including USAID, MCC, ADB, other multilateral development banks, commercial entities, and other international government organizations.
- Advise the proposal teams on pricing strategy and other cost issues in conjunction with proposal objectives.
- Review solicitations to evaluate the cost proposal and compliance requirements, draft questions for client clarification, and prepare budget template and cost narrative outline for review.
- Organize meetings with the proposal team to finalize the proposal directive, review proposal requirements, confirm team roles and responsibilities, and plan the delivery schedule.
- Prepare and manage detailed budgets (CPFF, T&M and fixed price), cost narratives, and supporting documentation for cost proposal submissions.
- Manage subcontractor budget, including requests for cost-related input, organize meetings to provide clarification, review requirements, and lead negotiations with guidance from the proposal manager.
- Collaborate closely with the proposal manager, BD Coordinator and proposal team during the process.
- Organize color review meetings in coordination with the proposal manager and the BD coordinator.
- Collaborate with proposal managers and BD coordinators to finalize proposal budgets prior to color reviews.
- Present draft cost proposal budgets for color reviews and prepare briefings for Senior Management.
- Assist in enforcement of compliance with the company’s cost and pricing processes and procedures.
- Identify and implement best practices to achieve an efficient and effective proposal process.
- Lead the integration of comments and suggested edits from proposal team members during the proposal preparation and final production process.
- Work collaboratively with the business development team and provide relevant support as needed.
- Manage development and facilitation of training to staff related to cost and pricing.
- Support quality control review of the cost and technical proposal submissions.
- Assist in design and implementation of improvements to cost and pricing processes and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience in developing cost proposals in response to solicitations from USAID or other US Government agencies required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing a team of cost and pricing specialists.
- Prior experience working with USAID, MCC, and multilateral development banks on developing CPFF, T&M and fixed price proposals. Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service, and time management skills.
- Exemplary collegiality, reliability, and follow through across teams and tasks.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills related to budget development and cost estimates.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PPT.
- Proficiency with document assembly, formatting and editing skills using MS Word and Adobe Acrobat.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Demonstrated experience integrating VBA macros in complex MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience managing contract negotiations.
- Development of proposals using the GSA schedules.
- Advanced development of cost estimating methods and standards.
Apply for Position
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.