FHI 360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Deputy Director, Program Management for an upcoming USAID-funded global project. The project seeks to build upon and expand USAID’s efforts to leverage the roles of communities to strengthen and adapt existing community health platforms to support national policies and implementation plans for COVID-19 preparedness and response (non-pharmaceutical interventions) and continuity of existing primary healthcare services based on national guidelines and needs/priorities to create lasting structures for future response. The Deputy Director will support senior country management in providing management, financial and technical oversight of the program to ensure that the project is effectively and efficiently implemented globally and in compliance with FHI 360 and donor regulations.
The Deputy Director Program Management will work hand in hand with the Project Director to provide oversight to program implementation including financial and grants management. S/he will be responsible for oversight of workplan implementation across all countries, ensuring compliance with USG and FHI 360 regulations, developing monitoring and early warning systems and supporting local offices in program and financial management. The Deputy Director Program Management will coordinate with the project team and oversee staff at HQ to ensure subawards achieve program goals.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports senior management in providing management and technical oversight of programs, ensuring that program activities are effectively and efficiently implemented within countries
- Provides management and support to regional and country teams to ensure optimum
support to business performance management, work planning, project implementation, budget development and tracking, and subaward management within established policies and principles of FHI 360, the laws of host country and within the regulations and standards set by the donor;
- Ensures that rigorous management systems are in place and that senior staff are capable of enforcement of compliance of these systems to achieve financial administrative and programmatic goals;
- Oversees financial monitoring systems development and implementation
- Provide overall management coordination of various administrative and finance support units to ensure country projects receive the quality and quantity of services required in a timely manner;
- Provides timely and accurate financial, programmatic reports and other contractual deliverables to senior management and donors as required;
- Oversees the development and submission of all field support workplans and budgets to respective USAID Missions;
- Works with the Project Director in communicating with donors and partners about the project
- Provides training, mentoring and coaching to senior country and project staff
- Bachelor’s Degree or its international equivalent, in Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Project Management Certification preferred
- 5-8 years of project management experience
- 10+ years of managing large US-government-funded programs preferred
- Demonstrated senior-level experience in overseeing the finance and management operations of large and complex US Government-funded programming.
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership qualities with the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams situated globally
- Experience operating in challenging environments
- Excellent management, communication, and organization skills are required
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.